By 8 teams of two persons each the concept design studies became deepened and precized in regard to their architectual and energetic properties. Three concepts have been finally chosen for further development.
Scholeh Abedini and Max Kolbe
The flow of space in supported by the occupants emotions. For this reason the entrance area is very tight and opens to the kitchen and the private rooms. The living space extends vertically. To strengthen the privacy of the sleeping space its floor level is located above the floor level of the entrance area.
Hannes Beck and Annika Gaigl
Various conceptual design studies were made to create a flowing transition between exterior and interior spaces.
The orientation of the building is along the sun´s attitude. It was designed with a multiple layer skin which contains functions as photovoltaics, HVAC technologies and interior functions.
Franziska Hartmann and Sardika Meyer
- The flow of space and the inner zoning are equal to the first jury design.
- Massive and translucent panes form the building and the interior space …
- An “energy garden” ist placed on the roof , to provide energy like solar heat.
Tabea Huth and Frauke Rottschy
- A compact building that is closed to the outside. In its center is a glass roofed area with three different temperature zones.
- The walls compensate the heat energy to provide a comfortable climate.
- Daylight is led through the inner walkthrough. This leads to a change of the usual south orientation
Martina Machova and Sascha Klump
- The frame structure with it´s overlaying membrane became more regular.
- The south facade bends outside and shades itself. The roof on the other hand mounts to the north. Therefore the surface increases and can be used for photovoltaics in a bigger scale.
- The frames of the outer membrane have a different form as the inner one, which is for the thermal separation. To big spaces occur which can be used for technical appliances and for dynamic ventilation.
Manuel Pfaender and Sina Titze
- Functions are placed within the walls and can be opened if needed. The spacious living room is free adjustable with mobile partition walls.
- The outer wall is also able to pop out to generate different zones for privacy, living and exteriour.
- The technical functions like kitchen and bathroom are organized in a separate block.
Simone Siegrist and Ramzia Rahmani
- The form of the buildings became smoother to prevent heat bridges.
- The facade will be rear ventilated between photovoltaics and insulation to avoid overheating and to re-use the upcoming heat.
- Skylight windows will improve the ventilation on summer days and give a better view outside.
- The translucent pv-modules are southern and western orientated while opaque shadings of special patterns are planned for the northern orientation.
Angela Specht and Maria Obenaus
The inspiration of this design is an armadillo. The beams span over the inner hall and prevent overheating by their design. This also allows an lighting concept specially for diffuse radiation. Inside of the building those beams flow out into smooth furniture.
Construction: Bended plywood forms a light and strong building construction. The beams are coated with photovoltaic.